Shop at Lotus Chaat Indian Grocery and Make Your Own Chaat
Lotus Chaat & Spices is now purely a Grocery Store. The Lotus Chaat restaurant which sold Indian Street Food known as “Chaat” closed in 2018 after an 8 year run in the West End of San Rafael. What remains is their Indian Grocery Store, the finest in the North Bay.
Many of the dished served at the Lotus Chaat restaurant can be made at home using ingredients you can buy at the Lotus Chaat grocery. These dishes and snacks are tasty and easy to make yourself, including these popular items:
- Dosa – a savory rice and lentil crepe
- Idli – small cakes of steamed, fermented black lentil and rice ﬂour
- Bhel Puri – savory crunchy puffed rice with vegetables, peanuts and tamarind sauce
- Pani Puri – Bite-sized thin pastries that you fill with potatoes, chickpeas, onion, and tamarind-mint water
- Samosa – Pastry stuffed with peas and potatoes
- Chutney – Condiment sauce or relish sold many exotic flavors
So what if you are not a master chef! You can make your own chaat and these dishes in your own kitchen.
Come to Lotus Chaat and we’ll show you how and provide you all the finest ingredients.
Our Indian Grocery is located in the West End of San Rafael at 1559 4th Street.